Quick & Easy New Year’s Eve Party Appies
If you’re throwing a New Year’s Eve party, the last thing you want to be doing is slaving away, all sweaty and dirty in the kitchen. What you want is to prepare some quick and easy appetizers that look sophisticated and also taste great, then you can spend the rest of your time mingling and entertaining! Here are a couple of my own foolproof recipes to make your New Year’s Eve party an easy, fun and tasty success. Enjoy:
Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps
15 button mushrooms
3 tablespoons butter, melted (for baking dish)
2 tablespoons butter, melted (for stuffing)
2 tablespoons green onions, minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup of crab meat
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
3/4 cup shredded cheese (divided)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare baking dish by greasing bottom and sides with 3 tablespoons of butter to prevent sticking.
2. Remove mushroom stems, and chop.
3. Lightly wash mushroom caps.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan, stir in the chopped up mushroom stems and onions, cook for 3 minutes.
5. Remove sauce from heat, stir in lemon juice, crab, bread crumbs, egg, dill and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
6. Stuff mushroom caps, place in baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and serve hot.
1 pound lean ground beef
a pinch of salt and pepper
a pinch of thyme
a pinch of basil
2 tablespoon water
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoon onions, minced
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Roll into small meatballs.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning over once. Do not over bake.
4. Serve hot with desired dipping sauce.
Thanks for reading, commenting and welcoming my blog to the Vancouver Foodie Community! Kisses and Happy New Year from Munchkie’s Munchies!